The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are founded on ancient Maya techniques of abdominal massage. This gentle, noninvasive and external therapy massages abdominal organs to support proper circulation and function and may reduce scar tissue from abdominal surgery. The techniques work by relieving congestion and blockages to improve the flow of energy and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems. It also supports organ function by releasing emotional and energetic congestion from the abdomen. This massage is an external gentle application to the abdomen, back, hips and sacrum that offers benefits to both men and women. As part of your session, you are taught simple yet effective self care techniques to be applied at home to support your wellness goals.
Arvigo Practitioners are established health care providers who attend advanced training to provide ATMAT™ to clients. Practitioners of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ have completed Self-Care Training (Level 1) and Professional Training (Level 2). ATMAT™ Practitioners bring a variety of health care knowledge to their training and apply these techniques based on their individual licenses and scope of practice according to the state where they practice. While ATMAT™ Practitioners have different health care training and approaches to clients in their various practices, Arvigo Practitioners are trained to provide the following treatment to their clients to best meet the health concerns of each individual:
Initial ATMAT™ session
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and current health care needs.
- Abdominal massage focused on aligning reproductive and abdominal organs.
- Evaluation and application of structural alignment of spine with attention to the sacrum, lumbar and thoracic spine.
- Instruction in self-care home techniques to enhance your professional treatment session.
- Recommendation of complementary modalities such as nutritional, herbal and/or lifestyle adaptations.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first. Practitioners of The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ report that many common health care symptoms are alleviated by these techniques. Organ functions are supported and enhanced. This list contains the most common symptoms that may be improved by incorporating this holistic modality into ones health care:
- Digestive Disorders
- Low energy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Contraindications, Cautions, and Modifications
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ are safe and effective with few contraindications of untoward outcomes. There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification, such as:
- During active menstruation
- IUD (intra-uterine device for contraception) is present
- Immediately after abdominal surgery
- Active infection or cancer present in pelvic area, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first trimester (19 weeks) of pregnancy (modification)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session)
- Any serious health condition that causes you concern
Please consult your practitioner if you have any questions or concerns.
For more information about Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ visit their site